I provide consultancy services on a per hour or per contract basis. I cover the following plus more;
- Server set-up and configuration, For example if you buy a dedicated server or VPS from anywhere I will set it up to your requirements.
- Server Migrations, I can migrate multi site servers or large dedicated site servers with minimal downtime.
- Postfix installation, configuration and fault finding.
- iptables configuration.
- PHP, MySQL installation, upgrades and configuration.
- DNS, installation of either standalone or distributed DNS servers using PowerDNS with MySQL backend or Bind.
- General Linux fault finding and fixes.
- Custom PHP scripting for server maintenance and monitoring.
- Anti Spam services.
- Post hack Clean up.
- Email Black List clean up. (I do not provide this service to spammers or marketers)
- Remote backups for VPS or Dedicated servers.
- Live data replication services or redundant servers across multiple data centres.
- Software installation and configuration
- Fail2ban and mod_security installation.
- Plus Much Much more. If it is running on Linux.
I was the technical director of a hosting company until January 2015 and had servers in multiple data centres across the UK, Europe, Canada and the US. If you want a VPS or a Dedicated server I can advise on the most suitable supplier based on your requirements and budget. I sold my hosting company so I could concentrate on technical services and development work.
If you need something that isn’t on the above list please ask.
What I can’t do. I am not a website designer or a graphics artist and can’t do anything creative. I also don’t directly sell hosting, domains, VPS’s or dedicated server but I can advise. However if it is technical, related to linux servers give me a shout.